Recovery Technology Assertive Community Treatment program delivers a full range of services to clients who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness. The goal of ACT is to give the client comprehensive and individualized community care to help them have a life that is not controlled by their mental illness. Clients get help with taking care of their basic needs like taking medications, finding housing, obtaining benefits, going back to school or getting a job. ACT is a team approach that includes a psychiatrist, nurses, social workers and other mental health professionals who work together to give the client ongoing and individualized care. Services are provided in the client’s home, in the office or in the community. ACT provides crisis services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
ACT services include:
- Multidisciplinary Team
- Access to comprehensive services
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Assertive outreach
- Education on behavioral health diagnoses
- Assistance with medication management and pharmacy benefits
- Developing individualized treatment plans to enable optimum functioning
- Interventions to decrease readmission to inpatient care
- Interventions to promote health
- Locating transportation
- Connections to other benefits and services available to you
The mission of ACT is to promote independence, rehabilitation and recovery, and in doing so prevent homelessness, unnecessary hospitalization and other negative outcomes.