Character Development for Teens
The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. ~ Bob Moawad
Will Power & Self-Discipline Rocks
The possession of willpower and self-discipline, or their lack of, is a factor that leads to success or to failure. If you or someone you love has a history of making poor choices that continue to attract trouble at home, school or in the community, it is most likely due to a lack of willpower and self-discipline.
To overcome poor decision-making you need to own a certain degree of willpower and self-discipline. Having stronger willpower and self-discipline can make a great difference in your life, bringing forth your inner wealth, internal strength, self-mastery and decisiveness, which are vital character traits for success and personal growth.
Definitions of Will Power and Self Discipline
- Is the ability to control or reject unnecessary or harmful impulses.
- Is the ability to arrive at a decision and follow it with perseverance, until its successful accomplishment.
- Helps you overcome the desire to indulge in unnecessary and useless habits.
- Manifests as inner wealth, internal strength, and the ability to overcome inner and external resistance or obstacles.
- It is the companion of will power. It gives you with the stamina to persevere with whatever you do.
- Gives you the strength to withstand hardships and difficulties, whether physical, emotional or mental.
- Manifest as perseverance and tenacity.
- Enables you to reject immediate satisfaction, pleasure or comfort, to gain something better, but it does require effort and time.
Everyone has inner, unconscious, or partly conscious impulses that can cause you to say or do things you might later regret. On many occasions, people just don’t think things through before they talk or act. By developing the character traits of willpower and self-discipline, you become more conscious of your inner, subconscious impulses, and gain the ability to reject them, when they are not in your best interest.
These two character traits help you choose your behavior and reactions, instead of being ruled by them. Portraying willpower and self-discipline won’t make your life dull or boring. In contrast, these two character traits will help you will feel more powerful, in charge of yourself and your surroundings, and more happy and satisfied.
Will power and self-discipline rocks! These character traits are the highest personal qualities you can possess and they will lead your way to self-mastery. With the character traits of willpower and self-discipline you can gain inner wealth, internal strength, initiative and the ability to make and follow appropriate decisions. The Recovery Technology Character Development Program helps develop the character traits of will power and self-discipline and if you are earnest and are willing to become stronger, you will undoubtedly achieve success.
Our Character Development Program for Teens is designed to help young people from ages 13-19 discovers self-mastery, long-term goals and a deeper meaning to life. Fulfillment of the program requires attendance, group participation and successful completion of eight weekly assignments. Referrals are accepted from the court system, school districts, and families; with weekly progress and final completion reported back to the referral source.